[MEncoder-users] mpeg-4 - no video on Pioneer dvd player

ameidus ameidus at gmail.com
Sat Oct 27 19:48:29 CEST 2007

 >Are you sure your player is able to play Divx files? Try this as a base

Yes, I have a file which is played fine (encoded XVID 4)

>command line:
>mencoder INPUT.mov -oac mp3lame -lameopts cbr:br=160:mode=0 -ovc lavc
>-lavcopts
>vcodec=mpeg4:vbitrate=1400:vrc_maxrate=6000:vrc_buf_size=1835:mbd=2:trell
>-of avi -ffourcc DIVX -noodml -o OUTPUT.avi

I tried the above (just changed mp3lame to pcm - my mplayer compiled
without mp3lame), does not work.

Some other ideas?
Should I post more details on the quicktime file I'm trying to convert,
or on the file which is OK on my dvd player?

Anyway, thanks for the comments.