[MEncoder-users] MEncoder is so sweet but...

Ruvil ruvil at comhem.se
Wed Oct 17 22:12:06 CEST 2007

Hello!
I just started using mencoder and i really love it but the only thing i
dont like is that i'ts so slow when its encoding. I have tried the
:threads=2 option and -priority high option but i still only get about
50 fps when im encoding first pass with xvid (I should at least get
around 80 fps) and only 20-25 fps with 2nd pass (at least 60-70 here). I
use an AMD x2 3800+ f.y.i.

Does anyone have any idea  how i can solve the problem and get my 80
fps? I think i read somwhere that MEncoder does not support dualcore
processors... why and when will that supported?

/Ruvil