[MEncoder-users] 5.1 sound

Corey Hickey bugfood-ml at fatooh.org
Wed Nov 7 19:34:51 CET 2007

Giacomo Comes wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 07, 2007 at 01:39:37PM +0100, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:
>> On Wednesday, 07 November 2007 at 01:18, Sergio wrote:
>>> Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski escribió:
>>>
>>> Hi:
>>>
>>> [automagically remap 5.1 sound when source is not AC3]
>>> Wow! Really fast! Thanks!
>>>
>>> Will this patch be added to SVN?
>> Not this one. It has already been rejected, because it slows down playback.
>> Not by much, but still.
>
> The patch was not rejected, simply it was not applyed
> because Corey was busy with other work and the discussion
> just stopped.

In the long term, I never pushed applying the patch because Reimar
didn't like it all that much and I couldn't supply a better approach.
Still, this keeps coming up, and nobody else has provided anything
better than either of the two proposed solutions. I seem to remember
some talk on ffmpeg-devel, but I don't think anything came of that.

> I have worked on the solution A, but I prefer solution B.
>
> Is it time to resurrect the thread on dev-eng?

That would be nice, if you want to do so. I'll see the thread and answer
questions if I can (though I won't be available for much of the next
several days). I don't strongly care which patch is applied, but I do
think one of them should be.

Note: I seem to have provided an incorrect URL to the other approach in
one of my messages. Here, if anyone wants them:
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.video.mplayer.devel/36195/

-Corey