[MEncoder-users] raw dvcpro25 to quicktime compatible mp4-container (aac lc+x264)

Johan Arvidsson johanarv at gmail.com
Thu May 31 22:01:28 CEST 2007

Guillaume POIRIER wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 5/29/07, Johan Arvidsson <johanarv at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> 4. If there is a way to keep the interlacing intact and still have
>> files that is quicktime compatible that would be wonderful. Has
>> anybody managed to do something like that? x264 is supposed to be able
>> to encode interlaced material but i haven't figured out how to do it.
>>
> Use option "interlaced". It's documented in the man page, but maybe
> it's not as explicity as it should be:
>        (no)interlaced
>               Treat the video content as interlaced.

I just tried it, i removed all filters but harddup and added interlaced
to the x264encopts and quicktime could open the file and recognized that
there was a h264 stream but it could'nt display it. It worked fine in
VLC but i saw a lot of this in the Messages Window "ffmpeg warning:
MBAFF + spatial direct mode is not implemented  (h264 at 00B584B0)". I
tried to use direct_pred=temporal but that is not supported either.
direct_pred=none stopped the complaints from vlc. Mplayer showed the
same behaviour of course.

Well, i can live with the deinterlacing. Would have been nice if i
didn't have to do it though.

/Johan