[MEncoder-users] Deinterlacing NTSC 480i30 DV content

Dieter freebsd at sopwith.solgatos.com
Mon May 28 12:46:10 CEST 2007

> Does anybody here know what the best deinterlacing method is in their
> experience for interlaced digital video in mpeg-2 format? I've had
> some success with yadif, but I'm having issues with A/V sync when I
> try to double the frame rate to from 30000/1001 to 60000/1001.  Here
> is my command line. I assume that field order does not matter so I
> just use top field first.

I think you will run into problems assuming that mpeg-2 is top field first.

Seems like mencoder/ffmpeg/etc. ought to be able to look at the flag
and figure it out?  Tricky part is when the flag is constantly changing.

Hmmm... "Subject" line says "DV".  DV is always bottom field first.
Mpeg-2 can be either.