[MEncoder-users] help tweaking command for images to .mpg

RC rcooley at spamcop.net
Mon May 21 04:32:20 CEST 2007

On Sat, 19 May 2007 23:34:10 -0500
Tom Poe <tompoe at fngi.net> wrote:

> -mpegopts format=vcd

There is no format=vcd.  Try xvcd.

> Can anyone suggest how I might tweak the above command to do the
> following? 1]  I need to drop the audio

Use -of rawvideo

> 2]  The framerate needs to be able to meet "video framerates other
> than  25 are not supported" error message

VCD supports 24000/1001, 25, and 3000/1001; pick one.   You can use
lavcopts vstrict=-2 to set a non-standard one, and probably experience
many problems.

> openmovieeditor also requires I use their code, ffmpeg -i new5.mpg -s
> 384x288 -vcodec mjpeg -f mov -b 3000 -ar 48000  -acodec pcm_s16le
> new_file.mov

I don't understand at all.  If you want a mov with mjpeg video at
384x288 and pcm audio, why are you using mencoder to make a VCD with
mpeg1 video at a different resolution?

> I tried googling frame rate, but couldn't grasp how to use the -ofps
> option.

What's to grasp?  Set it to whatever final framerate you want to end-up
with.  -ofps (any number)

The only stupid mistake I see people make is using -noskip with it.