[MEncoder-users] help with creating avi from jpegs

Joey Parrish joey.parrish at gmail.com
Wed May 16 19:06:18 CEST 2007

On 5/16/07, Lee Birch <birch.lee at gmail.com> wrote:
> If you are still willing to help...
>
> I went back to my source material and hammered out a better way to create my
> individual images.  Now I have pngs of much higher quality to start with.

> Many of these files will be used by me in presentations directly; others
> will be accessed across a slow network.

If other people will be playing the video directly, you will want to
have it in some format that other players are likely to understand.

> I tried your command line suggestion:  The quality is good.  Will you still
> help me tweak the lavc options?

Yes.
1) Will you need a video that plays in Windows Media Player or Quicktime?
2) Do you need to create a file that is under a certain size?
3) Is it acceptable to have your png collection, one master video, and
one distribution video?

--Joey