[MEncoder-users] Audio Problems

Mike Petersen mpetersen at exitec.de
Tue Mar 27 15:01:40 CEST 2007

The Problem only seems to be playing the result with vlc. In Mplayer or
xine everything looks fine, but in vlc the audio makes trouble.
Under messages I got errors like this :
main warning: audio drift is too big (-185859), clearing out
main warning: timing screwed, stopping resampling
main warning: mixer start isn't output start (-5871)
main warning: audio drift is too big (-185678), clearing out
main debug: audio output is starving (301509), playing silence
alsa debug: recovered from buffer underrun
main warning: buffer is 92363 in advance, triggering downsampling
main warning: audio drift is too big (-185859), clearing out
main warning: timing screwed, stopping resampling
main warning: mixer start isn't output start (-5871)
main warning: audio drift is too big (-185678), clearing out
main debug: audio output is starving (293566), playing silence
alsa debug: recovered from buffer underrun
main warning: buffer is 92363 in advance, triggering downsampling
main warning: audio drift is too big (-185859), clearing out
main warning: timing screwed, stopping resampling
main warning: mixer start isn't output start (-5871)
main warning: audio drift is too big (-185678), clearing out
main debug: audio output is starving (291209), playing silence

This doesn't happen with the original files, they are fine. So I don't
know there the difference is.

Regards
Mike