[MEncoder-users] Encoding high bitrate wmv to low bitrate wmv (Windows Mobile Devices)

Eric Martell workoutexcite at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 6 18:07:46 CET 2007

Hi,
   Currely all the video assets we have are in high
bitrate wmvs. I am trying to convert the existing wmv
assets to low bitrate wmvs so that we can use that on
Windows Mobile Cell phones.

Original file FLN0302W.wmv is 320x240, 4/3 aspect
ratio  and 317 kbs. Audio and Video codecs are Windows
Media V7. Audio is mono,20kbs and 32kbs sampling.

I did the following to use mencoder...

$ mencoder FLN0302W.wmv -of lavf -lavfopts
i_certify_that_my_video_stream_does_not_use_b_frames
-ofps 7 -ovc lavc -lavcopts
vcodec=wmv1:vbitrate=30:aspect=4/3 -vf scale=176:144
-oac lavc -lavcopts acodec=mp3:abitrate=48 -o
output1.wmv

The command works fine..but the resulting output1.wmv
comes with 848kbs high bitrate and aspect as 11:9 !

Is there a way i can change to lowbitrate with same
aspect 4/3?

Please let me know.

Thanks so much in advance.
Regards.