[MEncoder-users] How to convert mkv to mkv?

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Fri Jun 29 12:43:32 CEST 2007

Carlo Wood wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 28, 2007 at 04:18:38PM -0400, The Wanderer wrote:
>
>> The message refers to anything being muxed by lavf. If the original
>> contained B frames, then -ovc copy will produce B frames; whether
>> or not the original contained B frames, if your video-encoding
>> options told it to use B frames then the result will contain B
>> frames.
>>
>> In this case, your command line contains the x264encopts suboptions
>>
>> bframes=3:b_pyramid:weight_b
>>
>> and so your output video will contain B frames.
>
> So, if I get rid of those options then it should work - even if the
> original has B frames?

As far as B-frame-related muxing problems go, then yes, if you remove
those options and add the long 'certify' option, AFAIR it should work.

I have no suggestions off the top of my head for your primary problem,
and I'm going to be running late for work fairly soon, so I don't have a
lot of time to spend thinking about it.

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.