[MEncoder-users] Starting reading a video from a point

Jérémie Klein grm.list at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 13:23:55 CEST 2007

Hi all,

I'm actually writing a GUI for mencoder, and i have got a small problem.

I want to divide the encoding process, so i started by using -ss and -endpos
options....
The problem is that the start and stop are not really precise ....

Then, I wanted to use frames to delimit my encoding ... so the option
-frames permits to select a number of frames to encode, but is there an
option that permits mencoder (or an mplayer option) to start reading from a
precise frame ... or do i have to divide the video file first and then
encode each part of the divided video ?

Thanks for answers !
Jérémie Klein