[MEncoder-users] Stutter after EDL cut

mencoder at swinehood.com mencoder at swinehood.com
Thu Jun 21 13:44:08 CEST 2007

> > > Surely there would be a problem with chunks not beginning
> on keyframes?
>
> That would depend on what kind of source you have. MPEG1/2
> has no problem
> being spliced-n-diced since it doesn't use any reference
> frames, but I see
> your point if it comes into something like h264 or anything that uses
> reference frames. Anyway, I'm sticking with my Unix mantra:
> "Do one thing at
> a time, but do it REALLY well :)"

Really? Unless we're at crossed purposes due to terminology that would mean
that my understanding of mpeg is fundamentally flawed (which it may well be
- I've not gone deeply into it).

Hmm, that makes it all the more surprising to me that there's a sync and/or
seek issue. Ah well, further experimentation tonight, methinks...

	/mel/