[MEncoder-users] x264 interlaced encoding won't play with Nero showtime

Pierre Catello pierre.catello at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 00:21:09 CEST 2007

2007/6/18, Nico Sabbi <nicola_sabbi at fastwebnet.it>:

> I disagree: high motion scenese are exactly the ones that show more
> combing,

"combing" is worse when looked at "still", but much less in motion (which is
the point here).
Even when combing can be noticed in motion, it is like aliasing for the
spatial domain and just show a lack of temporal resolution. A lower sampling
frequency (lower fps) would mean jumpyness in these cases, which I think is
even worse than combing (but cannot be judged on still frames)

The yadif deinterlacer is really impressive on static zones, and looking at
still frames it appears as a magic solution to deinterlacing, especially
given its speed. But unfortunately noticeable interpolation artifacts show
up on motion :-/

especially sport (fortunately I detest sport :) )

This is another issue ;-)

Pierre