[MEncoder-users] returning customer 8-)

Nahum Mizrahi nahum at barosh.net
Thu Jun 14 10:10:01 CEST 2007

Joey Parrish wrote:

>On 6/10/07, Nahum Mizrahi <nahum at barosh.net> wrote:
>

>>I have sent this question to the list few days ago but got no answer.
>>I hope this is not considered as naggin' but i do like to ask once again,
>>in case someone can help and missed the original question.
>>
>>I am setting up an encoding server for a video sharing website. I already
>>installed mencoder and i can encode some videos into FLV format.
>>
>>My questions:
>>
>>1. How do i add more codecs?
>>

>After running configure, check configure's output to see what codecs
>are disabled or not detected.  If one of those isn't installed,
>install it.  If it is, read configure.log to figure out why it isn't
>enabled.  (Usually you just need to run ldconfig as root or some
>such.)

I installed the mencoder and all the codecs that does work on a CentOS 5
64 OS using Dag Wieers RPMs so no ./configure was involved with the
installation.
After that, i just placed all the win32 codecs in the
/usr/local/lib/win32/ directory. Please see my previous post for full
details.
Do i have to re-compile mencoder/mplayer to be able to install extra
codecs? I would like to keep the system based on RPMs and not to compile
anything on the machine.

>>2. How do i insert a "watermark" into the encoded video? Can it be
>>transparent?
>>

>Read manual section on video filters.  I think there's one in there
>for adding logos and such.

Thanks for the information. As James Tripp mentioned, the video filter
"-vf bmovl" might do the job. I just have to find a working example of
using it since i do not understand from the documentation how to do that.