[MEncoder-users] Choppy video when changing framerate

RC cooleyr at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 18:01:01 CEST 2007

On Tue, 12 Jun 2007 23:14:26 +0200
Manuel Carro <mcarro at fi.upm.es> wrote:

> fragment) at http://babel.ls.fi.upm.es/~mcarro/t.avi is original
> video, and that at http://babel.ls.fi.upm.es/~mcarro/t_20.avi come
> from using the command line

> The "small jumps" can clearly be seen in the background objects in
> t_20.avi.  Any idea of how I could avoid this?

The output of mencoder encoding with -ofps 20 clearly shows it's
properly dropping a single frame at a time no more than one every 10th
of a second, not multiple once as you believe.

Playing back your encoded file, I don't see any problems at all.
Converting from 25 to 20 fps will never be pefect, but it looks as good
as it possibly could, an plays quite smooth, both foreground and
background objects.

And when you want to post a reply, you should click "reply" not compose
a new e-mail with a similar subject.  If you are unable to do so for
some reason, you can respond via gmane instead.  And CCing people
on a mailing list so that they get 2 copies is just irritating.