[MEncoder-users] Fwd: xvid and x264 libs not linked when ./configure --enable-x264 used

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Sat Jul 28 10:56:34 CEST 2007

----- Forwarded message from mplayer-dev-eng-owner at mplayerhq.hu -----

From: Peter Cordes <peter at cordes.ca>
Subject: xvid and x264 libs not linked when ./configure --enable-x264 used
To: mplayer-dev-eng at mplayerhq.hu

 I usually configure mplayer with
./configure --enable-x264 --enable-xvid ...
so it will actually break if it can't find them.  I'd rather find out
while
I'm already recompiling it, instead of later when I go to encode
something.

 Anyway, with those options, make leaves out -lxvidcore and -lx264
when
linking mencoder.  The result is lots of unresolved symbols, so no
mencoder.
This problem popped between r23843 and the current SVN r23886.

 Letting it autodetect them works fine.  My xvid is in /usr, from an
Ubuntu
package.  My x264 is in /usr/local, compiled from svn.  I'm on AMD64
Ubuntu
Feisty.

 I use
./configure --enable-largefiles --enable-x264 --enable-xvid \
--enable-fbdev --enable-alsa --disable-dga --disable-svga \
--disable-dxr2 --disable-dxr3 --disable-dvb --disable-dvbhead \
--disable-zr --disable-tv --disable-vstream

--
#define X(x,y) x##y
Peter Cordes ;  e-mail: X(peter at cor , des.ca)

"The gods confound the man who first found out how to distinguish the
hours!
 Confound him, too, who in this place set up a sundial, to cut and
hack

----- End forwarded message -----

--
A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.
 -- Napoleon Bonaparte