[MEncoder-users] Video faster than audio...

Ricardo Salazar seltaeb7 at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 27 18:30:52 CEST 2007

I recently made the switch from windows to Linux and
wanted to convert some "wmv" files to either avi or
mpeg format.

For most of them the line

$mencoder -forceidx -ofps 24000/1001 -ovc lavc
-lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vbitrate=1000:vhq -oac mp3lame
-lameopts br=98 -o MyNewFile.mpg MyOldFile.wmv

would do a great job. However there is this video that
gives me the following output

Video stream:  961.794 kbit/s  (120224 B/s)  size:
7752194 bytes  64.481 secs  1935 frames

Audio stream:   69.431 kbit/s  (8678 B/s)  size:
562392 bytes  64.800 secs

As you can see there is a difference of almost half a
second between the audio and the video. I do not want
to sound picky but later on I want to merge this video
with two other I have and I don't want the sound to be
way off.

Is there any way that I can sync the audio and the
video?

Thanks in advance.