[MEncoder-users] image sequence output, distorted colours.

James Tripp eliared at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 22 23:35:11 CEST 2007

RC <cooleyr at gmail.com> wrote: That's not a very good bugreport.

You haven't narrowed down the problem at all...  It could well be a bug
in xvid or exiftran, both of which have basically nothing to do with
MPlayer.

You could at least have tried displaying the images with MPlayer to
eliminate xvid, and kept your modified JPEGs as similar as possible to
the originals to eliminate irrelivant changes, rather than leaving
it for someone else to figure it all out for you.  Obviously, the
dimentions are different, and 180 is not a multiple of 16.

ok
I was pretty sure it was exiftran changing something in the image that borks mplayer decoding.

first.
they are not my images. I've never used exiftran.
second
if you have a look you'll see that the images in their original dimensions are there.
third.
i haven't sat back twiddling my thumbs, i tried
and when reaching the extent of my abilities I ask for help.
hints, suggestions, and yes perhaps someone solving it for me, at least trying. how much bandwith to download a few images? how long to run an encode or two on 1-2 images?

to provide more info:
playback of image with mplayer gives the same distortion

I can't comment on whether it's a bug in exiftran or not, but I can encode the problem images with vdubmod without problem. with xvid.
so the images are decodable despite the exiftran run, and encodable with xvid.

encoding with libavcodec in mencoder, rather than xvid, results in the same
colour distortion. using ffmpeg results in the same.

encoding the frames at their original size gives the same distortion.
encoding the other pics not run through exiftran at original size, crashes both ffmpeg and mencoder. can't figure that out now

original size has a mod 8 horizontal resolution...
Can not having mod 16 resolutions fuck up colour?
Colour aside, could you point me to a lead on the importance of having mod16 resolutions?

i don't understand the decoding problem
does one look into mplayer decoding options?

ty
Tripp