[MEncoder-users] MEncoder-users Digest, Vol 35, Issue 16

Miroslav Rovis m.rovis at inet.hr
Sun Jul 15 16:54:12 CEST 2007

Munzuk wrote
> Can't understand the half you wrote, so sorry if I'm wrong.
> It seems that you want to make some "cut and paste" with wav files, isn't?
> I'm right now doing something similar with audacity, a wav editor, hope
> that'll help you.
> About audacity, it seems to need alsa to work, with oss it crashes.
> Also I think that it works under windows too (maybe it was originally
> developed for windows platform.. don't know).

Hi Munzuk!
Here I'll also quote what I previously wrote. You need to delve a little
into where I refer to, to understand what I wrote (not my wisdom):
> http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/tech/encoding-tips.txt
> http://linuxwiki.de/MPlayer
(I pasted the script from above for clarity in one of my previous messages)
> http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/HTML/en/menc-feat-dvd-mpeg4.html
Believe me, you need to apply yourself with that manual above to get
what I'm talking:
> mplayer dvd://1 -dvd-device /dev/hda -ao pcm:file=my_audiodump.wav -vc
> null -aid 160 -vo null
Cut'n'paste, yes.
> What I want to do now is cut it at appropriate places.
Look up this:
> (I already tackled this issue, unsuccessfully, see here:
> http://www.nabble.com/-Dvdauthor-users--Not-working-exactly-right....-tf2790744.html#a7911637)
Actually in this particular message you can read how I failed to do it
properly with audacity...
http://www.nabble.com/Re%3A-Not-working-exactly-right....-p10995286.html
> Thanks in advance
I did my best to reply. Specifically, regarding audacity which is
certainly a great program, I don't know enough to cut'n'paste with it a
file of this kind in such a way to not get the nasty audio discontinuity
or something (see my the dvdauthor's list message I gave a link to
above) which ends up with no sound on the illiterate style DVD disks I
need to make...
Again: