[MEncoder-users] A few questions

Misha Valera phenom1981 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 16:46:12 CEST 2007

Hi,

I'm currently using Debian Stable 64-bit and I was wondering if the
MPlayer/MEncoder code is actually ported to this architecture to take
advantages of it. I'm not talking about compiler flags or CPU optimizations
in general, rather about the actual C code in MPlayer/MEncoder. How many of
it is actually ported to the 64-bit architecture.

Further, are there any benefits in using a 64-bit compiled MEncoder instead
of the 32-bit compiled one on a 64-bit architecture? Sorry for me being such
a noob but I'm just starting to use MEncoder for encoding....

Thx