[MEncoder-users] AAC encoding

Olivier Rolland billl at users.sf.net
Tue Jan 30 10:26:29 CET 2007

On 1/30/07, Olivier Rolland <billl at users.sf.net> wrote:
> This doesn't change anything. I've always used -nosound with
> -audiofile, and it always worked as expected: the output file has
> sound and it's from the external audio file.

Ok, my fault. Without -nosound and with -fafmttaf 0x706d, it almost
work as expected except that the sample rate is not correct (44100
instead of 48000). Is the AVI header incorrectly written ?

Anyway, I don't understand why merging ogg vorbis and x264 in avi with
-nosound produce a file with sound while merging mp4 aac and x264 in
avi with -nosound does not produce a file with sound. Both vorbis and
aac are audio format and both ogg and mp4 are containers.

Back on the initial subject, has anybody ever been able to merge aac
and x264 in avi or mp4 with audio and video perfectly in sync ?

Regards,

Olivier