[MEncoder-users] AAC encoding

Olivier Rolland billl at users.sf.net
Tue Jan 30 08:00:20 CET 2007

On 1/30/07, Nico Sabbi <nicola_sabbi at fastwebnet.it> wrote:
> > And last question (at least for tonight), is there any difference
> > between -audio-demuxer in mplayer and -audio-demuxer in mencoder ?
>
> none

So if mplayer -audiofile audio.mp4 video.avi plays correctly with the
sound from the external file, mencoder ... -audiofile audio.mp4
video.avi should produce a file with the sound also taken from the
external file. This is not the case.

> > $ mencoder -nosound -noskip -mc 0 -ovc copy -oac copy -o movie.avi
> > -audiofile audio.mp4 -audio-demuxer mov video.avi
> >
> > The output file doesn't have any sound.
>
> of course!! remove that -nosound just after mencoder

This doesn't change anything. I've always used -nosound with
-audiofile, and it always worked as expected: the output file has
sound and it's from the external audio file.