[MEncoder-users] upside down subtitles (using -vf flip)

Geoff W. tmpenator at gmail.com
Sat Jan 6 14:26:21 CET 2007

I'm using -vf flip in my mencoder command to get the video the correct
way up (I'm encoding with VP6), but for some reason my subtitles are
always upside down.

Is there any way to tell mencoder to create the subtitles once its
been flipped the correct way rather than before?

I've tried doing another run of mencoder with -oac copy -ovc copy to
put the subtitles on but no joy. I've also tried removing the flip in
the first mencoder run and simply doing a flip on a second pass and
again no joy.

Any help much appreciated!