[MEncoder-users] stop/restart mencoder

RC cooleyr at gmail.com
Fri Dec 28 14:44:50 CET 2007

On Fri, 28 Dec 2007 14:13:46 +0100
TAJTHY Tamás <tajthy at mailbox.hu> wrote:

> I can use the ctrl+S, but I don't know how to restart automatically (I
> can continue pressing ctrl+Q, but it is manual :-( ).

> Does anybody know a way to stop and continue mencoder automatically?
> The stop can remain manual...

You can use Ctrl+Z to suspend the task, then do something like
# command && fg

Where 'command' is perhaps a script you've created, that will wait
however long you want, then exit, returning 0.

Since you're running under Windows, you should probably be using the
Windows tools, like setting the process priority to idle.

I really can't imagine why you would need this.  Whatever the problem,
there's no doubt a better way to solve it.