[MEncoder-users] MEncoder-users Digest, Vol 40, Issue 24

David Portabella Clotet david at portabella.name
Sat Dec 22 14:12:33 CET 2007

>> I have a video of 5 min, and I would need to cut it, from 01:00 to 03:00.
>> How can I do this with mencoder?
>
> man mplayer
> /-ss

Great!

With -ss I can specify the start position,
and with "-vo mpegpes" I can save the video to a file:

mplayer -ss 00:01:00 -vo mpegpes  SANY0001.MP4

so, this allows me to cut the beginning of a video.

let's say that I need from 01:00 to 03:00.
how to cut the end of the video?

I cannot see "man mplayer" (not working in my machine),
but I guess that the same documentation is online:
http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/HTML/en/index.html
I did not find the answer there.

Many thanks,
DAvid