[MEncoder-users] Broken mpeg files after EDL cutting

Volker Quetschke quetschke at scytek.de
Mon Dec 17 00:57:02 CET 2007

Jiří Heryán wrote:
> Volker Quetschke píše v Čt 06. 12. 2007 v 16:27 -0500:
>> I am experiencing some problems using mencoder to cut mpeg files.
>>
>> (Snip problem description)
> I also experienced some problems with mecoder later and traced them to
> this line. Mencoder does not like edl cutting at the begining 1st sec or
> so (in my case it crashed down). Solution is in using -ss option for
> skipping start sequence and edling the others.

I tried this, it doesn't make a difference on the given example. The
file is cut (shortened) but the length information is gone, well at
least you cannot use the slider to advance through the file.

--
PGP/GPG key  (ID: 0x9F8A785D)  available  from  wwwkeys.de.pgp.net
key-fingerprint 550D F17E B082 A3E9 F913  9E53 3D35 C9BA 9F8A 785D