[MEncoder-users] Parallel grab, pass1 and pass2

TAJTHY Tamás tajthy at mailbox.hu
Sun Dec 9 23:40:18 CET 2007

Hi,

In my case grabbing is faster then the pass#1, which is faster then pass#2. As
grabbing (by VirtualDub) eats only 30-40% of the CPU I was wondering if is it
possible to start mencoder pass#1 during the grabbing process? Or even start
mencoder pass#2 during pass#1?

I'm not sure as I don't know what kind of information is needed for mencoder to
build the temporary pass file. And I don't know if this file is read sequentially
from the beginning in pass#2.

Could anybody turn on the light? :-)

Thanx in advance!