[MEncoder-users] mencoder binary

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Mon Aug 6 00:23:41 CEST 2007

Hi Tobias,

On Mon, Aug 06, 2007 at 00:04:33 +0200, Tobias Brockamp wrote:
> :-) i already use this version, i strongly need a way to decode ac3 audio,
> my mencoder command line output the following:

[...]
> Opening audio decoder: [liba52] AC3 decoding with liba52
> Using SSE optimized IMDCT transform
>
> Too many video packets in the buffer: (4096 in 8263814 bytes).
> Maybe you are playing a non-interleaved stream/file or the codec failed?
> For AVI files, try to force non-interleaved mode with the -ni option.
> A52 sync failed

Hmm, there are many failures here. Are you sure the video is okay? Can
mplayer actually play it? Can mplayer dump the audio to a file?

> Requested audio codec family [ac3] (afm=libac3) not available.
> Enable it at compilation.

I think the mentioned libac3 is deprecated (according to the sources).
Your program call actually tries to use the built-in liba52 (which it
should). Perhaps libac3 is a non-functional fallback.

Ffmpeg (the program, not the lib) may be another tool to try.

Sorry, but HTH,
Moritz

> Erstellt mit Operas revolutionärem E-Mail-Modul: http://www.opera.com/mail/

Ein Opera-Nutzer! Prima! :-))