[MEncoder-users] Ipod Video (or missing aac encoding in lavc)

Grozdan Nikolov microchip at chello.be
Sun Aug 5 14:09:42 CEST 2007

On Sunday 05 August 2007 13:50, Nico Sabbi wrote:
> Grozdan Nikolov wrote:
> > On Sunday 05 August 2007 06:58, RC wrote:

> >>Are you actually suggesting his command-line doesn't really encode
> >>audio?  What a strange assumption...
> >
> > Well, it doesn't work here....
> >
> > mencoder dvd://1 -aid 128 -o 1.avi -ovc xvid -xvidencopts fixed_quant=2
> > -oac lavc -lavcopts acodec=aac:abitrate=120

> > Audio LAVC, couldn't find encoder for codec aac.
>
> you compiled libavcodec without support for faac

hmmmm, isn't faac auto-detected by the configure script? I have both the faac
libs and headers and when running configure it says...

Checking for FAAC (AAC encoder) support ... yes (in libavcodec: yes)
Codecs: x264 xvid libamr_wb libamr_nb libavcodec real xanim faad2 faac ....

I just did a new compile and the same thing here, it complains about not
finding faac in lavc. I'm using MEncoder dev-SVN-r24007