[MEncoder-users] Encoding filters

Justin Randall jrrandall at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 20:10:28 CEST 2007

Sorry Nico I have one more follow up question. I got this section from
the manual pages...

-vf pullup is designed to inverse-telecine telecined material while
leaving progressive data alone. In order to work properly, pullup must
 be followed by the softskip filter or else MEncoder will crash.
pullup is, however, the cleanest and most accurate method available
for encoding both telecine and "mixed progressive and telecine".

I noticed that you put the hqdn3d cleaner in between the pullup and
the softskip. Is there a particular reason for this?  Sorry for my
ignorance but the man pages say to specifically follow pullup with
softskip, and I saw that you have hqdn3d sandwiched between them,
which I assume was for a specific reason.

Thanks,
Justin