[MEncoder-users] Create standard MPEG PS with MPEG 1 video and MP2 audio

Simon Oualid simon.oualid at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 22:48:53 CEST 2007

Sorry for being long to confirm that it works, but I wanted to be sure so I
reinstalled a fresh xp on my macbook, and it works !

The file produced with the lavf muxer plays perfectly, the mencoder one (-of
mpeg) now plays on WMP (where it used to block), but it plays without any
image (only audio, black screen)... I'll make some other tests with
different muxrate, but anyway, I have a solution with lavf, many thanks for
your help !

Here is the complete command line that creates a audio+video mpeg-ps file
that plays on a fresh install of windows + wmp :

(I am using the 1.0 rc1 version)
---
mencoder test.avi -of lavf -lavfopts format=vcd -lavfopts
i_certify_that_my_video_stream_does_not_use_b_frames -ovc lavc -lavcopts
vcodec=mpeg1video:vbitrate=1000 -ofps 25 -oac lavc -lavcopts
acodec=mp2:abitrate=224 -vf harddup -o test.mpg
---

Simon