[MEncoder-users] Compressing the photo camera Canon A610 video to mpeg4 at the best quality.

RC rcooley at spamcop.net
Tue Sep 26 01:54:30 CEST 2006

On Mon, 25 Sep 2006 20:05:03 +0700
Strong <s-strong at mail.ru> wrote:

> Or there is another choice - meaning remaining 11kHz and yet compress
> audio?

Yes.

> At present, codec complains to reduce such a low frequency to 8kHz.

I've seen lame do that when you've set a ridiculous low audio bitrate,
but not otherwise.

> And I didn't find in the man mencoder the answers on the following:
> 1. How can I delete the duplicate frames? I think it's not worth of
> preserving it, is it?

When mencoder reports a duplicate, it's because it is doing just that,
and omitting them from the output.  -vf harddup will STOP it.

> 2. When I encode I see "Skipping frame!" What does it mean?

It has to skip a frame to match your selected -ofps value, or to
maintain A/V sync.

> And if it's necessary to remove than how to?

It's already doing it.  -noskip and/or -mc 0 will STOP it.