[MEncoder-users] Dropped frames trouble

Matthew Allen fret at memecode.com
Mon Sep 25 01:42:45 CEST 2006

---------- Original Message ----------
To: MEncoder usage discussions (mencoder-users at mplayerhq.hu)
From: RC (rcooley at spamcop.net)
Subject: Re: [MEncoder-users] Dropped frames trouble

> On Fri, 22 Sep 2006 18:06:18 +1000
> "Matthew Allen" <fret at memecode.com> wrote:
>
> > The file name is fret_test.mpv
> >
> > When I converted it I lost about 6.75 seconds right at the start.
>
> With dev-SVN-r19698-3.3.6, I've tried even your exact command-line, and
> it's only dropping 2 frames total, and that's probably because the last
> frame or two are damaged/incomplete, and you can get still even one of
> those two frames, if you add -vfm ffmpeg.

How many frames did you get in the output avi?

I got 773.

When I converted the full 2.3gb mpv file I had ~6 seconds missing at the start, because the audio was out by that much. I'll keep trying to isolate the issue and get a repeatable test case for what I'm seeing.
--
Matthew Allen
(fret at memecode.com) (http://www.memecode.com)