[MEncoder-users] Compressing the photo camera Canon A610 video to mpeg4 at the best quality.

Strong s-strong at mail.ru
Sat Sep 23 17:25:10 CEST 2006

Another feature I got with my camera after exchange its SD card from
512Mb to 1Gb as 8minutes of video was too little for me: I got the same
8 minutes! But the files of the same length now became double sized! I
looked at the mplayer output to know what the video stream is and
was amazed - it differs 10 kbytes/sec only, and  is 1825.1 kbyte/s now.
Audio - 11024 Hz, 1 ch, u8, 88.2 kbit/100.00% - the same. Where can I
look for the reason of the double file size else? Moreover how I should
compress these files now - to reduce twice vbitrate in lavcodec?