[MEncoder-users] -oac copy when making a dvdrip introduces noticible 1-2-frame audio lag

Mike Hodson mystica at gmail.com
Sat Sep 16 09:38:14 CEST 2006

Hello.
I have noticed something which keeps plaguing me:
Every time I play back a dvd, the a/v sync is impeccable. peoples
mouths move -exactly- with their words.
however, when i make a dvdrip, ala mencoder dvd://title# -oac copy to
make the ac3 copy, this makes the ac3 audio between 150-200ms delayed.
i have to hit the minus button twice during playback of this new file
to make the mouth movements exact again.
1: why does this happen
2: how can I correct this

Thanks!

Mike