[MEncoder-users] Inverse telecine? framerate from 120000/1001 to 24000/1001

Rich Felker dalias at aerifal.cx
Sun Sep 3 20:19:50 CEST 2006

On Sun, Sep 03, 2006 at 06:40:12PM +0200, Munzuk wrote:
> > Concatenating streams with different encoding parameters produces
> > _invalid_ files except with a few stupid containers that try to
> > support more than they should or that simply don't care about
> > brokenness (the latter is more likely, e.g. mpeg containers).
>
> What about modifying mencoder to get vfr output directly? Sorry for insist
> again, but my dvd player can't handle these 120fps files.

Then your DVD player cannot play vfr content at all. Well, unless you
give up on avi and use mpeg container with proper DVD-format mpeg2,
and even then mencoder is not smart enough to be able to use repeat
field flags to generate vfr mpeg2.

> - Changing fps in runtime works (All I do is to change mux_v->h.dwRate), but
> then I break av-sync and have no idea on how to fix it.
>
> can it work? hmpf, my head hurts..

No.

Your fundamental problem is that you bought a crappy DVD player for
playing video files on your TV. Using a simple computer with mplayer
and tvout will work much better. :)

Rich