[MEncoder-users] Inverse telecine? framerate from 120000/1001 to 24000/1001

Munzuk munzuk at ono.com
Sun Sep 3 18:40:12 CEST 2006

> Concatenating streams with different encoding parameters produces
> _invalid_ files except with a few stupid containers that try to
> support more than they should or that simply don't care about
> brokenness (the latter is more likely, e.g. mpeg containers).

What about modifying mencoder to get vfr output directly? Sorry for insist
again, but my dvd player can't handle these 120fps files.

I tried... I cannot, my C and v/a stream management knowledge is null.

- Didn't find a way to detect the parts where original framerate changes so I
don't know when to change fps.

- Changing fps in runtime works (All I do is to change mux_v->h.dwRate), but
then I break av-sync and have no idea on how to fix it.

can it work? hmpf, my head hurts..