[MEncoder-users] Encoding video for old DVD players

Nico Sabbi nicola_sabbi at fastwebnet.it
Sat Sep 2 18:07:37 CEST 2006

Nicolas George wrote:

>Le quintidi 15 fructidor, an CCXIV, Dr. DEF a écrit :
>

>>-dumpaudio and the -dumpvideo option. Then you
>>multiplex with mplex (fromt the mjpegtools) . That
>>usually fixes the problem for the options on the
>>mplayer documentation online.
>>

>I am sorry if I am stating the obvious, but if mencoder's multiplexer
>produces files unsuitable for some DVD players, while mplex works with the
>same streams, it would probably be a good idea to try and fix mencoder,
>wouldn't it?

I already fixed it several months ago; 1.0pre8 already has a working muxer.
Several posts ago in this thread someone (Trent? ) already wrote that
dumping
the streams and remuxing them with mplex exhibits exactly the same problems,
but non everyone on this list seems to reply only after having read the