[MEncoder-users] Encoding video for old DVD players

Nicolas George nicolas.george at ens.fr
Sat Sep 2 17:07:18 CEST 2006

Le quintidi 15 fructidor, an CCXIV, Dr. DEF a écrit :
> -dumpaudio and the -dumpvideo option. Then you
> multiplex with mplex (fromt the mjpegtools) . That
> usually fixes the problem for the options on the
> mplayer documentation online.

I am sorry if I am stating the obvious, but if mencoder's multiplexer
produces files unsuitable for some DVD players, while mplex works with the
same streams, it would probably be a good idea to try and fix mencoder,
wouldn't it?

If someone has a test-case: a file and a DVD player showing the problem,
that would be a great help to anyone wanting to address the problem -- which
I am not competent enough to do, I am sorry.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George