[MEncoder-users] Re: Re: Tutorial?

Ilya Zakharevich nospam-abuse at ilyaz.org
Fri Oct 20 08:25:35 CEST 2006

Staffan Hamala
<mencoder-users at mplayerhq.hu>], who wrote in article <20061010093606.GA27316 at samson.dc.luth.se>:
> Maybe it would be a bit more obvious that it's really the file size estimate
> if it would say MB instead.

MiB would be yet better (if it is indeed MiB, as I suspect).

And no - it won't help in my cases, when the printed estimate is
obviously about 7x off.  So in my case, it was more or less clear that
what is meant was not mb, but MiB; however, I *still* have no idea
*what* it is trying to estimate.  It is definitely IS NOT the whole
output size; it could not be so much off...

Hope this helps,
Ilya