[MEncoder-users] Re: library for -of ogg

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Sat Oct 14 01:28:44 CEST 2006

Phil Ehrens wrote:

> Jon Drukman wrote:

>>> Show me the stats.
>>
>> OK, they are here:
>> http://www.adobe.com/products/flash/survey/
>
> Yeah, it says only 97% of web browers can render flash. Amusingly, it
> says they can do it without a plugin. I wonder how that works.

No, it doesn't - it says that that percentage of users can render Flash
without having to *download and install* a plugin, meaning that the
necessary plugin is already present on their computers.

In any case, "is able to render Flash" does not equal "wants to use
Flash" - any more than "able to bring up a GUI" equals "wants to use a
GUI" (or, for that matter, "able to handle a CLI" equals "wants to use a
CLI"), or any of a number of other comparisons.

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.

Secrecy is the beginning of tyranny.