[MEncoder-users] How to limit max bitrate in xvid?

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Thu Nov 16 17:44:29 CET 2006

Hi,

On 11/16/06, Pepe <rvm3000 at ya.com> wrote:
> My standalone player doesn't play well scenes with high bitrate (specially if
> the video has b-frames). You know, those scenes with high motion or a lot of
> water or trees... (image slows down and sound cuts).
>
> Is there any way to limit the maximum bitrate xvid should use?
>
> I've been looking at the man page. Could the options curve_compression_high or
> curve_compression_low be useful for this?

Don"t know. I'd suggest using XviD's profiles:
http://www1.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/HTML/en/menc-feat-xvid.html#menc-feat-xvid-encoding-profiles

Please test and report if they work for you

Guillaume
--
With DADVSI (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DADVSI), France finally has
a lead on USA on selling out individuals right to corporations!