[MEncoder-users] Re: MEncoder mangles video after aspect ratio change

Zed zzuser at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 1 21:03:22 CET 2006

> Well, since other people are apparently doing similar encoding with no
> such problems, it's up to you to provide more info on your specific
> problem (full verbose output, command-line, video info, a short sample,
> etc).
  I found the problem! It is with the DECODER not the encoder.
  The Mplayer/MEncoder decoder for TS streams is broken. The decoder will
  mangle the decoded video after an aspect ratio change.

  You can easily verify this bug with this sample (1.6M, 3 sec.)
  http://zzuser.tripod.com/ww.ts

  First open it with VLC. OK, not problem. Then open it with Mplayer. Presto,
mangled output on aspect ratio change.

  Any thoughts on fixes?

- Zed