[MEncoder-users] Relation of bandwidth and bitrate

Corey Hickey bugfood-ml at fatooh.org
Fri May 26 00:42:16 CEST 2006

GILBERTO SANCHEZ wrote:
> Hello lists,
>
> First thanks by all answer that i have been recived.
>
> Well, my question is some technical, i need to know the relation ship between Bandwidth and audio and video bitrate used in the compression, and how do i calculate the bitrate (and others parameters implicated) to transmit over a bandwidth especific in realtime.
>
> If you knok some links where i can found this,its has been very helpfully to me.

It's not polite to ask a question on more than one mailing list at the
same time unless you really really have a good reason to do so. This is
called "cross-posting" and will likely get you flamed instead of having
anyone answer your question.

If you ask on one list and nobody answers after a couple days, then try
another. Don't try them all at once.

I just responded to your question on mencoder-users before I saw you'd
cross-posted.

-Corey