[MEncoder-users] MPEG-2 TS

Nico Sabbi nsabbi at email.it
Thu May 11 17:10:36 CEST 2006

Léonard Porta wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I know I can generate a MPEG-2 PS (program stream) container with the command
>line :
>
>-of mpeg -mpegopts format=mpeg2:muxrate=4500
>
>but how can I genarate a MPEG-2 TS (transport stream) with mencoder ? is it
>possible ?
>
>Regards,
>Léonard

 -of lavf -lavfopts format=mpegts, but be aware that
1) currently if there are b-frames timestamps will be wrong
2) lavf's mpegts muxer was often reported as not strictly compliant with
certain constraints defined in the standard, although I can't tell up to
what extent.
Maybe it's working correctly now.

As usual, use cvs

 Sponsor:
 Logos Finanziaria SPA. Società di credito ad erogazione diretta. Fino a 30.000 euro in 24 ore! Clicca e scopri come
*
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=2909&d=11-5