[MEncoder-users] Re: Subtitle-woes

Fri Mar 17 22:18:37 CET 2006

Hi Hynek Schlawack!

 On 2006.03.17 at 21:56:05 +0100, Hynek Schlawack wrote next:

> > Since SubRip is GPL program and runs under wine out of the box without
> > any problems, I don't see reasons not to use it even under linux (and
> > under wine).
>
> SubRip failed with Win2k-Emulation. But although it works now (ME), it

I don't quite understand what are you trying to say, SubRip works under
XP. Let's not discuss that here, though.

> would be really nice to have something native (especially because the
> GUIs are very clumsy. clipped fonts whereever I look at).

Yes.. Some people say that wine can be setted up right, but it's not
that easy.

> Too bad SubRip is in Delphi. :( If it would be in C, maybe it could be
> ported at least using the wine-libs.

Unfortunately, program linked with wine libs isn't any better than a
program running under wine, except that you don't need to install wine
to use it...

--

Vladimir