[MEncoder-users] Re: Subtitle-woes

Hynek Schlawack hs+mencoder at ox.cx
Fri Mar 17 21:56:05 CET 2006

Vladimir Mosgalin <mosgalin at VM10124.spb.edu> writes:

> Since SubRip is GPL program and runs under wine out of the box without
> any problems, I don't see reasons not to use it even under linux (and
> under wine).

SubRip failed with Win2k-Emulation. But although it works now (ME), it
would be really nice to have something native (especially because the
GUIs are very clumsy. clipped fonts whereever I look at).

Too bad SubRip is in Delphi. :( If it would be in C, maybe it could be
ported at least using the wine-libs.