[MEncoder-users] Re: Mencoder v4l2?

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik at rangers.eu.org
Tue Mar 14 23:26:16 CET 2006

On Tuesday, 14 March 2006 at 09:05, RC wrote:
> On Mon, 13 Mar 2006 19:50:30 -0500
> "Andrew Lee" <matthew12.36 at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > /tmp/mplayer-conf-14243-4499.c:3:29: linux/videodev2.h: No such file
> > or directory
>
> Find videodev2.h on your system ("find /usr -name videodev2.h") and copy
> it to some place it will be picked-up, like
> "/usr/include/linux/".

Or rather, install an equivalent of Fedora's glibc-kernheaders package,
which contains the kernel headers that glibc was compiled with and which
any decent distro should have. BTW: in FC3 there's a bug in that package
(missing headers) that causes exactly this problem.

> > I am not sure why it wouldn't detect the v4l2 driver when I try to
> > compile from CVS if it works in a pre-packaged version.

You can always use --enable-v4l2.

> It seems that file used-to be included in the mplayer tarball.

And now isn't, rightfully so. As I said, it should be included in an
appropriate distro package.

Regards,
R.

--
MPlayer developer and RPMs maintainer: http://rpm.greysector.net/mplayer/
There should be a science of discontent. People need hard times and oppression