[MEncoder-users] Trouble transcoding 1080i "video" to NTSC DVD

Walter Belhaven wbelhaven at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 9 19:17:51 CET 2006

Nico Sabbi <nsabbi at email.it> wrote:

> unfortunately, when I developed the current mpeg muxer I could only
> test it on a very permissive dvd stb. Now that I have replaced it
> with
> a less permissive one I can experience the same stuttering.
> In short: I have begun to rewrite parts of the code to respect
> certain
> buffering constraints that  are  currently ignored, but it's a quite
> difficult task
> that is only half way. In the meantime try to use -of lavf -lavfopts
> format=dvd.

Hi Nico,

Thanks for the reply.  I'll check into lavf.  Do I understand correctly
that it's the "mpeg container" that's causing the problem?  If so, I
should be able to use my same command line, with the exception of
outputting a raw video stream (m2v), then muxing that with the AC3
audio stream in another application.  Is that correct?

Thanks,
WB