[MEncoder-users] dts audio ?

Corey Hickey bugfood-ml at fatooh.org
Wed Mar 8 01:34:34 CET 2006

The Wanderer wrote:
> SZABO Zsolt wrote:
>

>>I have a DVD, but there is some problem with the codec...
>>
>>[..]

Please don't clip mplayer/mencoder output like that. Show it all, even
the boring parts. See below...

>> Software: MEncoder 1.0pre7try2-3.3.5
>

> I don't know whether or not this will do anything to solve your problem,
> but there is one thing you will always hear if you come to these mailing
> lists using any version as outdated as the most recent release is: "use
> the CVS version".
>
> There is an excellent chance that any given problem you may be
> encountering in the release version has been fixed since the last
> release. Even if it hasn't, we only make changes and provide patches for
> the CVS version, so if you've found an actual bug you won't see the fix
> without upgrading to CVS (or waiting, perhaps years, for another
> release) anyway.
>

>>==========================================================================
>>Opening audio decoder: [ffmpeg] FFmpeg/libavcodec audio decoders
>>Cannot find codec 'dts' in libavcodec...
>>ADecoder init failed :(
>>ADecoder init failed :(
>>Opening audio decoder: [hwac3] AC3/DTS pass-through S/PDIF
>>No accelerated IMDCT transform found
>>hwac3: switched to DTS, 768000 bps, 48000 Hz
>>AUDIO: 48000 Hz, 2 ch, ac3, 768.0 kbit/50.00% (ratio: 96000->192000)
>>Selected audio codec: [hwdts] afm:hwac3 (DTS through S/PDIF)
>>==========================================================================
>>vo: X11 running at 1280x1024 with depth 24 and 32 bpp (":10.0" => remote
>>display
>

> Why is there a VO method being initialized when you're using MEncoder?
> Or is this output actually from MPlayer? If so, why are you posting this
> to the MEncoder users list?

The problem is actually that the original poster clipped the MPlayer
output. If the output were shown in full you would have seen that the
"Software: MEncoder 1.0pre7try2-3.3.5" line is preceded by "Clip info:",
which is the part where mplayer prints whatever textual information is
stored in the header.

So, we still don't know what version of MPlayer was used, but it looks
like Giacomo's post helped. :)

-Corey